Wednesday, February 3, 2010

After Class, 2/3

Today was a day full of introductions, play-doh, syllabus rambling, and the early beginnings of what should be a fun class. We started out with a different way of introducing ourselves. Rather than sit in a circle, sing camp fire songs, and roasting marshmallows (would be a fun way to spend my afternoon though), we fully immersed ourselves by just walking up to each other, saying our names, and arguing which state looks more like a hand, Wisconsin or Michigan. It was a nice change of pace from the normal, "Hi, my name is..., "My Major is...", etc...

From there, we went onto go over the syllabus and what to expect this semester. As I was sitting there listening to what we would be experiencing this semester, I was thinking about a quote that was said earlier in the class. The aspect that if I did not have a passion to learn in this class, then I might as well not be a graphic designer. I would have to say that I would agree with that statement. If you don't really have a passion to learn in this field, then you aren't made for this. I really can't wait to learn about the history that is graphic design, especially the Art Nouveau and Art Deco. This semester should not only be interesting and fun, but also eye-openeing. It's gonnnaaa beee fuuunnnn!!!!


Question of the post: What if there wasn't a history of GD. Would it just be like American or World history in the aspect that if none of us knew where we were, then would we all make the same mistakes/art styles in GD? Hmmmmmm... Chew on that one for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment